Tuesday, March 27, 2007,8:12 AM
The Judgement Day!
March 27,2007 @ 6:30 am US Embassy in Manila. I called this day.... The Judgement Day!

Yes, I had my interview today and Im APPROVED . Yeheyyyy Yipeeee Yahoooo!!! *tumbling*

5:00 am - Arrived in Embassy. Good thing I was on a 6:30am schedule so they allowed me to enter and sit to their waiting area. Had short chika with a lady beside me.

6:00 am - They were now allowing to enter the building, checked the bags and headed to the Immigrant visa room. Get the number.

7:30 am - My name was called for the finger scanning. The lady said very good.. dont know why. hihihi..

8:00 am - My number was flashed in the queue board. Went to the designated window and gave him (Filipino) my proofs/evidences. I gave him the copy of the ITR of my husband and he said no need since they have already copy there. He asked for my age, for how long I've known my husband, checked where I work. Then wait again for the final interview with the consul.

9:00am - I saw my number flashed. Ok take a deep breath! This is it! There's on-going interview, so i waited outside. Shit! Im really nervous, I kept on thinking what will I do to stay relax. I thought of going to the wash room and look at myself, clearing my throat, drink lots of water.... gggrrrr!!!!

I heard the consul asked lots of questions to the applicant before me so it adds pressured.

Its now my turn. I entered the room: (this is what i remembered)

Me: Hi! Good morning! (with a cheerful voice hiding my anxiety.. ahehehe)
Consul: Hi Good morning! How do you do?
Me: Im fine, thank you.
Consul : Just a sec. (He's texting)
Consul: So you are (stated my name)
Me: Yes sir.
C: For how long have you've been married?
M: 1 year and 2 month tomorrow
C: Oh you keep on tracking huh. How did you met?
M: blah blah
C: Is he born in the US or Naturalized?
M: blah blah
C: How did he become a US citizen?
M: blah blah
C: Is he financially responsible? Living seperately from his parents? Supports her parents?
M: He sends money sometimes to his brother here in the Philippines, and of course to me and no other than me.
C: *Laughed* Yeah i agree, of course.
C: What is his work?
M: He work as a blah blah blah in blah blah
C: Oh thats good. Its a prestigious hospital in the US. Oh Its in Rochester, Minnesota, are you prepared to kill yourself? Its really cold out there.

Checked my folders with the photos and other proofs. Its a 3 seperated folders so it can slip through the window.






C: You are very well-organized.
M: Thank you.
C: No thank you. You made my work easier.

A short silence. Returned my folders.

C: I guess, you had a ________ (forget what his exact words... whatever it is, I establish our relationship). Ok no more questions.
M: Sir, can I have a question?
C: Ok
M: Did I do well?
C: Im satisfied. (and gave a big smile)
M: Thank you. I didnt sleep well last night. Im very nervous.
C: Everybody is nervous.
M: I called this day a judgement day.

He gave me this teasing look.
C: I'll judge you now, cross your fingers.
C: The system just having some wrapped problems but i want to let you know that you are approved and just wait for your name to be called to the other window. Congratulations.
M: Thank you sir. I wanna shake your hands... hehehe.. (wave goodbye)

Whewwwww!!! It was a relief! Thank God! My name was called and gave me the pink slip for the visa delivery, and paid P165.00 Im done around 10am.

Its packing time!







 
posted by WELLA at 8:12 AM  


4 Comments:


At 10:20 PM, Blogger Unknown

so happy for you sis. Congrats!

 

At 11:28 PM, Blogger WELLA

thanks sis! this is it!

 

At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

that needs a celebration! huuurrrraaaaaaaay! dalawin mo ako when you get here.. hehhehe

 

At 10:45 AM, Blogger Cathy

congrats sis...kelan punta mo dto??? super organized yung folder mo ha.... :) take care and happy easter :)

 
| Permalink